Monday 2 July 2012

WOW! It has been a while!I have really missed blogging but things have been a little crazy around here.

I had a rather comical night attempting to make a sponge cake for the first time! I really think Master chef has a lot to answer for. I was pretty confident I had that folding technique in the bag! I found out pretty quickly that that was NOT the case!

After many giggles on the phone to a dear friend...the 4 hr midnight finishing bake off came to an end. All ! had left to show for it was two 1cm high(still shrinking), rock hard cakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started bright and early the next week with my trusty old Gluten Free packet mix and was rather pleased with the outcome!

So what i learnt:
1. dont take your sponge straight out of the oven and remove from the pan (as the recipe on taste.com told me)- It slowly shrivels!!!

2. Dont try to be a masterchef contestant when you are clearly not!

3. It was still fun trying to make the effort to create a cake, with love , from scratch for my dear friend...

Love Jess

PS... i just loved trying out this little paper mini bunting.. if you would like instructions then let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment